R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 05:21 PM
glenng
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default diff question

hi guys. i race (or at least trying to race) 17.5. im putting an amain order together and was contemplating the steel gear set for the gear diff. i already have the regular gear diff w 2k kyosho fluid in it and used that red kyosho gear diff seal grease and it leaks like mad still. i think i needed to put the grease in the screw holes perhaps, but havent opened the tranny back up to see, but notice a lot of fluid leaks out the cracks in the tranny case. when i had assembled the gear diff, the red grease did a great job sealing up the diff with exception of the screw holes, which had no grease sealant. anyhow, gear diff runs great despite being messy and i like the fact that it doesnt need constant re-tightening. so was thinking of upgrading to steel gears to bulletproof the thing but am having second thoughts and thinking the 70 bucks or so might better be spent on the mip pucks kit. so steel gear diff or pucks kit? or steal gear diff with mip aluminum cvd kit is another option too however concerned about aluminum cvd wear on steel outdrives. hence thinking pucks kit might be way to go although back to a ball diff. any thoughts? thanks.

glenn

Last edited by glenng; 01-18-2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added info