R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Want 1/10 4wd Truggy/Stadium truck. Modify Stampede/Slash...or buy 10TT?
Old 01-18-2014, 08:18 AM
FormulaZR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Want 1/10 4wd Truggy/Stadium truck. Modify Stampede/Slash...or buy 10TT?

Alright, here's the deal. I currently have a Rustler...and I really do like it. But, I'd like a 4wd, and I really haven't seen many 1/10 4wd stadium truck/truggy offerings. I have driven a few of the short course trucks, but I just don't really prefer them. I guess what I basically want is a 4wd Rustler.

So, I guess the question is:

If I'm going to modify a Slash 4x4 or Stampede 4x4 - which one would I be better off starting with? Looking at ShapeShifter, it appears all you really do is change wheels/tires and body? Surely it can't be that easy?

Or, am I better off to buy an Ofna 10tt and call it done? Going by mfg sites, it appears to be 3" shorter, which I'm not crazy about.

There's also the HPI Bullet ST Flux...but I really can't find much info on them.

This really won't be for racing, it'll be more for fun. One of the reasons I'm leaning toward a Slash/Stampede is for durability and the ease and cost of finding parts.

And the reason I'm wanting to stay 1/10 and not go for something like an electric conversion on a D8T or 8ight-T is because I'd like to stay with 2s batteries and lower cost motor/ESCs.