R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 06:28 PM
chiefj48
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayBee
There's nothing that I've built past or lately that holds a candle to the A car when it comes to parts fitment & tolerances. The 6 was faster but had issues I wasn't willing to put up with. This car is wayy different than the 6 and it looks good. I'm sure it's a very capable platform, so I'm giving it a shot. I love the quality as of late and no one really beats AE when it comes to parts availability and costs.
I received my kit about a week ago, and just finished the build. I was in no rush, and only worked on it a couple of hours a night. I read somewhere in this thread, that someone built the kit in four hours... I find that hard to believe, but then again anything is possible..

I per-ordered my kit direct from AE, and had to call a few times to find out why it wasn't shipped sooner then it was, and had it checked out by a supervisor. Once they looked into the problem, it was sent out that day.

The kit came in a brown box, with no markings, or factory seal, other then shipping tape with warning not to accept if tape was broken. I thought this was odd, but no big deal....

I opened the kit, and started the build. Now let me say I've been building RC cars for over 25yrs, and know my way around them....
I'm sure a lot of you had no problems with you kits, and I'm not upset with what I found in mine, BUT, my kit was missing hardware, had wrong hardware, and it just seemed like parts were not placed together in groups as I have seen in other kits....

The reason I am posting this, is I feel sorry for the newbee who would have had no clue what to do, or have the missing, and incorrect hardware in stock, as I did.... I know of a few that gave up on their kits, and either sold them off, or had someone else build the kits.

This is my fifth AE car, and I'm surprised that a company as big as AE doesn't have better quality control, or better instructions.......
I'm sure the car will preform well, and I look forward to comparing it to my "A" car also.....

I do agree the AE parts are everywhere, and easy to come by....

Anyone else have problems with their kits, or am I the only one????

Last edited by chiefj48; 01-17-2014 at 06:43 PM.