R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Let's Talk Modified
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Fly'n Fish
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Yeah I am thinking about how to answer already!

For now I will say that I have been thinking about how to create a limiting device that a driver can attach to his transmitter so that there is some mechanical feel in the trigger to indicate where certain throttle positions are. Back in the "throttle driving" days of 1/12 - when drivers would basically overpower there cars and use less than full throttle at the beginning of the race to conserve energy - I remember sticking a small pad to the back of my trigger so that I could feel where 90% (for example) of the trigger position was. To get full throttle you would simply squeeze and compress the foam on demand.

This could be a potential training method for TC mod driving. At the ROAR Nats in Horsham, I never used full throttle in the infield. I would estimate no more than 75%. I feel that a driver could use the same foam method to indicate a 75% throttle position to help keep the trigger finger in check in the infield and only when on the straight pull full throttle.

There is still the problem about getting to that point because you would still have to be smoother than with a spec motor but it could be a place to start.

Different equipment (motors and ESCs) act differently and choosing the right setup will make a huge difference. More detail to follow.
I searched this thread for any update on Ricks foam idea, anyone using this with success?