Thread: Xray XB8
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 01:49 AM
gt racing
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Motorman007
here is your answer:
Juraj Hudy:
"Starting with the pivot ball suspension I knew we needed to come up with something new and unique to try and avoid negative press about copying here & there. We have had previous experiences with the pivot ball suspension not only from our on-road cars but also I have had the pivot ball suspension at my first off-road car I built back in 1986, a long time before anyone else."
NEOBUGGY:
With all your development you put into the products, how do you feel to see similar products being released later on?

"That is something you have to learn to live with and not to stress out yourselves. Over the years we brought several dozen of innovations, new ideas and new concepts and I am very proud for my entire R&D and racing team what we have achieved. Of course during development of our products we always come out from already something existing but always give new ideas and designs and improve on the already existing.

So for sure you can imagine how you feel when you bring something new on which you have worked with your team so hard and for such a long time and cost you a fortune just to see it in few months or even weeks from some other company. But that is life and we used to get to it and it just drives my imagination to work even harder to come up next time with something else.
On the other hand I have already experienced few times some funny coincident situations when we designed something completely new and while we were testing it someone else already released the very same idea and then it looked like we copied it. This happens also and shows that there are also some smart guys in this industry as well and these R&D “fights” are good as they strive for the further development."