R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Dino_D
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tfrankito
I wasn't knocking the RTR. That is why I was asking. Sometimes the RTR of other brands you end up having to dump money into them before you can drive it properly. Example is the b4. I had one and it was horrible until I upgraded shocks, +8 chassis etc... I wanted to make sure if I was going to have to do anything to it which it sounds like I won't to be able to be competitive out of the box. My desc210 was not an rtr and people were saying to get the kit not the RTR.
Well you can always swap out the ESC, Motor and Radio from the RTR and sell it. I would assume most people would change it anyways if they are running anything but a blinky spec class. But between the RTR and the PRO kit, there isn't much difference. I prefer the +8 plastic chassis on dirt and low bite clay anyways. Shocks are the same. So I don't get the aluminum rear hanger but that's ok. Upgrading to a ball diff would be a nice option though, and it would probably be one of the few upgrades. The type B hangers are much stronger. If you break your existing ones, just replace with type B.
Also shim the shock tower 1mm away from the gearbox. It helps save the rear shock tower from cracking due to the flex. Cause there is almost no clearance between the motor mount and rear shock tower. Upgrading the front shock tower is another good investment until they make type B front towers.
For carpet, I still think the heavier aluminum chassis is better.