R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Good Luck Dillan Voelker
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 08:59 AM
PVoelker
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Thanks Guys

Alex thanks for the post.

You are of course the reason Dillan does this and I appreciate what you do and how you are operating the PLEX.

CRCRC is in Jeffersonville Ohio. Between Dayton and Cincinnati. Tuesday evening Dillan and I dropped down to Kansas City to Pick up Mitchel and Jeff Gardner in Kansas City. Given there was a snow storm in Indiana, we dropped even further south and ended up in Ohio via Lexington Kentucky. We Pulled into the parking lot Wednesday morning after driving all night through and the alternator went out on my car, nice, had to go rent a car and drop 350.00 on fixing the car.

Realized right away that Dillan’s Rear Motor 2WD mod buggy was not going to cut it and I needed to change it to Mid Motor. Given that he had never run Mid Motor and that over 150 super super fast MOD buggies were entered, his FQ qualifying spot was not so bad, He won the F and bumped to the E for a Mid pack finish. Less than one second separates lots of drivers in this class. Super fun racing.

Dillan started Seeding 7th in the Amain in Mod Truck. He was way fast. A couple of broken parts had him in the CQ position. He basically led every lap of the C and a Marshal stepped out on the track right in front of him while he was under full throttle and it snapped his Steering servo in half. He had a double bump in his plans and the skills to do it, just bad luck when you DNF to a Craftsman Size11 boot. Shortly after this the LiveRC rep told me to stay away from lottery tickets for a few months.

Dillan qualified C10 with his SCT and again a few truck failures kept him in the lower main. He worked from 10 th to first in the C and with less than 30 seconds to go with the win in hand his spur gear striped out. Defined our luck for the weekend but on the positive side once again proved he is a dedicated young driver and has the skills to run with the fast guys. Call it luck or call it Karma, had a little fallen our way he was A and B main material all day long.

Also make sure you give big props to Mitchel Gardner from Kansas City. In 4wd he was fast and so clean. He ended up 4th right behind Tebo, Mayfield and Cav. In round 2 he beat Tebo and Cav fair and square. Mitch and Jeff are stand up guys.

With over 450 entries it was by far the biggest race we have been to. Learned a ton and had a ton of fun. Thanks for checking in on us and for the “likes” on Face Book. Its way flattering and helps motivate us to race more and do better and better.

Time to get back to some club racing at the PLEX and have some fun with the hometown guys.