View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #2509
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Williams View Post
Cool. Yeah, this weekend I'm going to be testing my 14 and my RX4 side-by-side. The RX4 drives more aggressively on corner exit than my 14 does, and it really seems to suit modified.

I really like the new PF GX. It drives with an exacting feel that the 6 seems to lack. Whenever I've run the 6 it feels numb on entry and then has all this steering on corner completion. The GX has entry and completion. I feel like I know where the nose of the car is in a corner.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of changes you make to the car as you go on with the chassis.
I do notice a bit of "numbness" on entry with the Speed 6, but the LTCR is too aggressive elsewhere with the same setup. I usually run a lot of rear uptravel which seems to help though. I've heard from some fast guys that the GX feels more like the LTCR but with a bit less steering... I've been leery that it would lock the car in too much. I also agree with the Speed 6 having a lot of exit steering, which is why I've been running the spool since it is more stable mid to exit..... I'll be sure to try out the GX/front diff combo next time!