R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 07:48 AM
FrankH
Tech Adept

Well, as promised, the result of last nights testing.

I rplaced the Kit Diff Holders with the Aluminium Diff Holders. With the Kit Holders there was absolutely No play for the Diff (but it didn't buckle).

As I expected the extrem abrupt loss of the Back stopped.

However, the car still didn't fell accurate.

Hard to describe, but for me it feels like Front and Back are not balanced, in other words don't work together.

Connecting the Steeringbridge and Top Deck changed the behaviour, handling more accurate. Still not the way my 2013 runs, however, getting better.

Next try, removed the two Lower Rear Motor Mount screws.

This made the back significant more stable.

However, this seemed not to harmonize with the Front, still not precise to drive.

So, I removed the Top Steering Bridge Screw again - didn't feel good at all.

Tried a few different settings on the upper wishbones but nothing seemed to work better.

Different Springs (Normally we run Blue/Blue or Pink/Blue) made the problems worse.

Well, I couldn't get the car to run like my 2013.

From looking at it it seems like the Back of the Car caves in and the inner Front wheel lifts (notice it most in Left Turns ). Th car weight is balanced, droop, Schock length ..... al triple checked. Shocks more up, stiffer springs.... so far didn't cure it.

Been running out of time so I could continue anymore.

The 2013 we run pretty much the way Ronalds Standard Setup is. Very Minor changes in Schock/Diff Oil and/or Droop depending on Tires and Track Condiotions.

Even knowing the setup I had the chance to compare/confirm one of Ronalds 2013 cars with my setup and its identical.

Well, I guess I should have ordered a Blue 2014, then I could use my 2013 Motor Mount and Topdeck.

Not giving up yet, but next week I will run my 2013, just to verify I didn't totally lost skills.

Desperately waiting on Ronalds Setup from the DHI Cup.