R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 10:54 AM
moparSRT
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
I agree, but I also find it funny how people overlook what they don't want to see!!! The beauty of VTA is that you don't haved to have the latest and greatest stuff to be competitive. My friend Paul (aka SLOTMACHINE) won the VTA championship at the 2010 ROAR Indoor Nationals at The Track in MD with an old outdated chassis, a used motor he bought off of ebay, a barrowed battery, and if I recall correctly a set of tires he recovered from the trash can. At that time, the ROAR rules were 'interpreted' by the race director (perhaps using the rational if slicks aren't allowed then some tread is needed) as requiring the tires to have some visible tread across each tire; however, that didn't prevent traction rolls (carpet surface) - a problem easily fixed with a little CA glue on the sidewalls and up to one groove of the front tires.
Ur friend must be a VERY talented racer, most of us here have a hard time being consistent with new stuff, not even close to wining a ROAR Championship with stuff out of a garbage can.