R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lab C-02
Thread: Lab C-02
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 07:05 AM
dj apolaro
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speed6
Dear all,

i have a problem with the big bore membrane getting deformed (like reversed bubble) and wont go back to its original state. Any one with the same problem.. I am running 4mm preload with a 1mm hole drilled on the upper cap for a smoother ride in our bumby track.

Thanks
It may be possible that you are hitting the membrane when the shock is fully compressed. It should not really ever, but maybe that is what is going on. Make sure that on the fronts, you have the plastic ball ends tightened completely, so the shaft does not go all the way up and the piston sits more in the middle of the body. Depending on the rear and the way you use it, you may have to monitor this as well.

Also when building the shocks it is important to make sure the membrane is centered very well. I try to make sure when I tighten the cap I spin the plastic part so that the membrane stays centered.

Let me know how things go and good luck. I am not sure but I think there may also be an updated membrane that fits the big bore shock a little better in the center of the body.

DJ Apolaro