R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 01:56 AM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tommy R
Wow. Assuming this was a "no timing" or "blinky" mode for said ESC, it sounds like outright cheating on behalf of the manufacturer! Definitely not cool and I hope people aren't running it in blinky classes.
Won't be the first time nor the last time an OEM has cheated. Had fun yesterday despite a broken drive belt (which caused me to miss all of the much needed practice time replacing it) and a striped out servo horn (had to steer left to go straight). But all in all the car handled well just lacked speed in the straight and driver stick time. Hope to get back with you all after I get some much taller gears and I get my motor back from Novak - darn thing had to be pushed to get it to run and then from the speed disparity on the straight, I'm not sure it was 100% even when it was running & Frankie's and my FDR weren't that much different especially considering his smaller bald tires. Not sure how much of the speed difference was due to the motor issue but so far the TEKIN ESC in BLINKY doesn't seem to be any advantage.