R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help with my .26 buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 03:16 PM
ModThis
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ThePanda
How is the sealing on the carb? Stuff like needle seals, and the main seal? I'm not a hardcore nitro person, but it might be a carb problem.
Well the whole thing was gummed up, id assume the carb was as well, perhaps not as bad as the block.. I wanted to avoid pulling the carb completely apart just because its been so long and I forget all the tuning procedures, but that may be the route.

Originally Posted by jhold87
sounds like its way lean. May have a air leak also just from the way it sounds on the vid.
I stripped the motor down, the seals were a bit gunked up, but after some solvent and cleaning the seals appeared to be good. I used heavy oil while reassembling prior to the first start which is when it started acting up.

The first time the RPM's took off I thought the tank was empty, sounded just the same as air in the line, but that was not the case

Maybe this just needs a few high speed runs, though will have to wait until this snow clears up a bit. In the mean time I am going to open up the carb and see if there isnt some sort of blockage occurring at idle.

Regarding a lean mix, I had it set very rich to the point that raw fuel was coming out of the exhaust. It sat for so long I didnt want to chance any lean runs..