R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TL-01 hop up options
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Paul_TC4
Tech Master

I agree. I had 2 TL-01's myself. Great start in experience.

First off that Jaguar motor is junk and wont really last you too long. (Bad Experiences). I wouldn't go below a 16 turn motor in a TL-01. Even when I had a stock motor, after 3 straight battery packs ran, I had the whole rear of the car warm. To make the car more efficient get a set of ball bearings for the car. They can be found relatively cheap on ebay for about $15. Get all the adjustable arms ..etc just as ford_racing stated. Speed tuned gears will make it go a bit quicker. A TL-01 is a great durable car but your not gonna be a flyin' fox to whatever you do to it.

About the steering, I would take the servo out of the car and make sure everything is moving properly considering you bought the car second hand. While the servo is out, make sure the two front wheels are moving freely as well. Also, make sure the servo is centered properly, considering you said you had to max it which you shouldnt. Make sure, when its out of the car that it moves both ways to a equal distance. If the problems are still there, maybe you need a new servo. I ran the Futaba S3003, which is the most basic and cheapest servo. About $11 at most LHS.

Hope that helps,
Paul