R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 11:16 PM
daveb
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
In the case of my setup with 1.1 x 3 pistons, I am using AE's blank piston set and drilling three 1.1mm holes.

AE Blank Pistons

Using other brand springs gives a finer range of adjustment and sometimes they just work better. The reality is that AE silver springs are the only rate in the AE range that is normally used. In some cases, the blue or green may work but only rarely. RSD makes a wide variety of springs that work perfectly with the TC6.2.
I totally understand Rick. I've raced sedan since the TC3 days and AE has the same spring kit. I buy AE because it's well known, easy access to parts, quality, US Company, etc..... I don't want to buy a kit and have to buy brand x piston in which I have to mail order to different places that otherwise I would never do business with. I live in UT and most shops are off-road. UT is also home of some of the one of biggest mail order places and distributor and yet they don't carry RSD or Yokomo. Minor issue but buying local helps the hobby. The off-roAd line offers tuned springs, when will AE offer a sedan set?