R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4 Cell Sedan Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 01:31 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by RobertV
...I don't think the change should be mandated at the expense of the very popular stock and 19T spec competition classes that exist today.
Great points. I would add, after trying the 4 cell mod TC 'experiment' during practice last night, that I think if given a chance the Stock and spec 19 racers would actually enojy 4 cell Mod more.

I found the car easier to drive than 6 cell stock, yet a lap or 2 faster across a 5 minute run.

This however was on a relatively small carpet track, which brings up the biggest issue I forsee.
4 cell Mod on a large flowing track will actually be closer to 6 cell Mod, whereas on the short technical tracks its closer to 6 cell stock. I feel this is so because of the decreased 'punch' of 4 cells though those 4 cells when geared appropriately will provide ample top speeds.

I think this discrepancy throws a kink into the 4 cell idea. I also feel that without major motor changes 4 cell stock and 19T wouldn't appeal to many if any.

Perhaps the swing in discussion on this thread to LiPo Brushless is the correct progression.