R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BEWARE OF ACTIVEPOWERSPORTS.COM
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 AM
ScottySTi
Tech Initiate

Default BEWARE OF ACTIVEPOWERSPORTS.COM

I would like to give everyone in the RC Community a heads up about this company and my experience and dealings with them. If you have used their website before and have had good dealings with them then please chime in, Im not looking to give Active Powersports a bad name, for all I know, in other situations they have acted in a different manner. I am just giving my personal experience with them and giving a heads up just in case I end up not being the only one.
Their website claims they do not offer telephone assistance in order to keep their prices competitive, if they hire people to answer phones, the price of the product will increase. So fine, even after reading that, I felt inclined to order from them because it made me feel that since e-mail is the ONLY option of contact, that it would be a good one. So I search their website and I find the product I want to purchase. It is the HPI 1/10 Mitsubishi Evo X 200mm Body. Their website had stated it as in stock and 'ships in 3-4 business days'. So I decided since they were one of few with it in stock, I'd buy it from them. I order the product, pay for it, find the payment on my credit card bill, so I figure alls is good to go. So on December 27th, 2013 at roughly 7:45pm EST I officially place my order for my Evo body. Three days go by and then at about 6:00 pm EST on Dec. 30, I receive an e-mail from 'activepowersports.com' that says;

"Hello,
The car Body you ordered is on backorder for a few weeks.
Would you like to keep this on backorder or cancel?

Sorry for the inconvenience.?"

...wait.....what?....so you charged my credit card 3 days ago, but you don't tell me until now that this body is backordered? Ive sent him roughly 2 or 3 e-mails after his, and I haven't gotten a response. Early this morning, probably at about 1am EST I sent, basically my final message, asking for a response to my original e-mails and to start communicating better, or Im going to call my credit card company and deny the purchase. I also asked him if there was any way he could compensate me for the inconvenience of this whole thing and STILL CHARGING my credit card. (Idk, like free 2-day shipping, maybe a set of tires?, a sticker sheet, ANYTHING..make me want to purchase from your company) Us hobby people, once were customers somewhere, we generally don't go anywhere else.
Well, this time it didn't take him long to respond....He refunded my money with no e-mail responses and just forgot about my business altogether. I don't understand the professionalism in this at all. I will also be sending him the link to this thread so he can read what Im telling the R/C Community about his company. Maybe he'll even join the R/C Forums and give us a response? Who knows. If anyone has had any better dealings with this company, please chime in and let everyone know! Best part is, I'm probably going to backorder from Rcplanet at this point cause its out of stock everywhere. Had this guy just responded to my e-mails he would've had my money cause I want the product regardless. So, its his loss.
Thanks for hearing me out, and I hope that if anyone does deal with this company in the future they have much better customer service and a much better dealing.