R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo B-MAX2 MR/RS
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 AM
MarkA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A quick way to try it is to just add the difference in weight (generally about 3oz between most saddles and shortys) to the battery tray area. I found making that change alone without also changing anything on the suspension made the car feel sluggish but you are right in that most of the setups you see online for this car are based around saddles so when people ape those but run a shorty, they often wind up with a car that's too stiff shock oil/piston wise for the actual weight of their car. I prefer a lighter, softer car as I found it's still very reactive ("To add speed, reduce weight" Colin Chapman once famously said) but "plush."

For those going the heavier/stiffer route, the car actually tends to get a bit edgier (in my area/tracks, that means more tire squeal as you push those to the edge of their grip) - probably faster in Naoto's hands, not in mine. In other words, if you're running a shorty, take one of their setups and drop the oil/piston to 32.5/2x1.6/blue front and 30/2x1.7/XL blue rear (for clay) and try that for a more planted feel.