R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 10:43 AM
UNSTABLE
Tech Adept

Originally posted by wayne
Hello again yes the guy who said the screws loose on the steering rack a while back was absolutely spoton, but now I have encountered a new problem which I have asked many so called "experts" around here to fix and they are all at a loss so I am trying here as a last resort

OKIES here goes

ok I am running a rtr + with the ae .15 engine with a rotary carb (stock) and am having trouble balancing idle vs wot as in when I set the idle mix and gap (low speed needle and throttle %) it then will not go 100% wot, when I set it to go 100% throttle the idle is miles too high does anybody know how I can get both happening
its almost as if my servo arm doesnt swing enough

BTW my throttle brake linkages can be seen at : http://www.rcefnet.com/displayimage....10003&pos=-176 (if this will help you to explain your answer)

I appreciate the time people have taken to help me who frequent this thread and I am trying to do as much as I can myself preventing the need to post really lame questions
O.K. assuming that you have checked the radio settings and the ATV isn't limiting sevo travel, the best way I can see to fix the problem is to move the linkage position on the servo horn.
I would flip the little plastic bit that the linkage rod goes through over so the rod is on the engine side of the screw. That should give a little more travel at the carb. Or if there is a hole on the servo horn further out , use that or find a longer horn.