R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 09:57 PM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would like to see an addendum to the USVTA driver figure rule that requires the driver to have a helmet (preferably a racing helmet). Even driving goggles and a scarf would be better than nothing.

While I like the individual creativity that some people have shown with their custom driver figure, I feel that some efforts go past the "spirit of the class". A hacked up action figure/doll or any other random head/shoulder can almost be interpreted as mocking the current rules (at least in my opinion).

I should add that I'm not against caricatures, cartoon figures, or even bobble heads. As long as you can tell that the "driver" is ready to go racing, I think anything goes. I'm all for fun in racing. However I don't want people to look at the class and think it is a joke where rules don't matter.

This is something that has concerned me for a long time, but I don't make the rules. This is the last time I will comment on this issue other than to point out the list of driver figures in the USVTA rules.