R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR GT Rules
Thread: ROAR GT Rules
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 09:03 AM
BIGCAT TX
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
I feel your pain my GT brother, but I feel quite the contrary !....By these new ROAR RULES, The GT Class is now finally on the RC World Map and this will only encourage manufactures to build and design new Kits for GT specifically...case in point, NOVAROSSI already has jumped on the band wagon and introduced their new GT 5 port motor and even stamped "ROAR GT" on the cooling head ! Watch now, Xray, Kyosho, Losi, Mugen, Capricorn, etc doing spin off kits of all their 1/8th buggies for the GT Class !! HURRAH FOR ROAR !!!...I just picked up and broke in a Nova Maxy Cinco BT/ceramic 5 port and ROAR legal motor and dropped it in my GT1, all I can say is wow...no need for no 7 or 9 port here ! ..NO NEED FOR NO MORE SPEED ! Homestead Miami FORGASS 2 weeks ago, 1/8th lap tap times 16.00, TC 17.3, GT 20.3 ... all the classes are fast and a good 5 port might evn break into the 19 sec range soon....my .02 cents and Happy New Yr !
I respectfully disagree with the engine issue. What other ROAR nitro class is trying to run a spec motor? And be able to tech it for mods at any race? NONE!
And if I understand correctly, homestead is not using the ROAR rules for this race? They are using the same rules as last year from what I know. Please correct me if I'm wrong.