R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4 Cell Sedan Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Greg Sharpe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: 4 Cell Sedan Racing

Originally posted by blownawayig Make rims intentionally and easily re-useable. That is an unexcuseable cost. I find it hard to believe that a company such as LOSI or Associated that comes up with these super High Tech, New patent technology cars and parts, can't come up with a light weight, re-useable wheel.....
Does anyone besides me and him remember buying replacement foam tires and gluing them on used rims? Talk about inexpensive, although time consuming with harmfull vapors everywhere!

Originally posted by JKA
That said, I'd still prefer foam tires because they really are less expensive. The only way rubber tires can be comparably priced is if there is a spec tire that must be used (ie. cs27).
Sadly, you're right. The only way to ensure you're fast with rubber tires, on asphalt, is to run a new set nearly every run. I loved the drifty feeling of rubber tire TC on asphalt. But then again, foam tire truers are expensive. Maybe that's the price equillizer in this debate????

Originally posted by DerekB
Racing is expensive, there's no way to make competitive racing "cheaper" it just doesn't work.
So true! Instead of this 20 year old (litterally!) debate, lets just make the racing longer to extend the fun. Yes, the motors will get hotter, the brushes will wear out faster. However, the laps-per/brush will not suffer, only the runs-per/brush will decrease. Get what I'm saying?

Originally posted by BlackKat
... I'm in for whatever exploits DRIVER SKILL OVER EQUIPMENT -Dan
I think longer racing will provide that. More strategy, less sprint race style motor setups, hopefully less impatients on the drivers stand.

At first I was all for this 4-cell concept. After hearing some of the detractors on here and considering their input, I'll still try it during practice this weekend, but this reeks (smells) of regression!