R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GP 3700's what is ROAR's take?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 01:24 PM
MattW
Tech Master

This doesn't really effect me as i'm thousands of miles away - however there looks like a couple of thing that stick out to me.

If i've grasped this correctly, the new Sanyo 3600 won't be legal for ROAR in 05, and neither will the GP 3700.

This leaves you with basically the same cells that are on the market now - i.e the GP3300. If i've got this wrong then the rest of my post won't be relevent

However, if the GP 3300 is going to be the cell you use in 2005, are you absolutely sure that there will still be a good supply of that cell for the next 12 months?? We had a situation similar to this in the UK a couple of years ago with the Panasonic SMH/UMH. During our 12th season (which runs 6 months out of sinc with everything else - during our winter) SMH cells ran out, the matchers couldn't get them, only UMH. UMH wasn't due to be legal till the following summer.

This caused a huge amount of grief i can assure you.

The other issue is that i understand there is a quantity of GP 3300 cells out there that are heavier than they ought to be, wonder what this means bearing in mind that the 3700 is also heavier. Only certain people will have these cells.