Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shaun207 View Post
I race on low/ medium carpet , and wanna have a headstart !!
I take it that with all the layshaft screws taken out , but the post fitted its more suited to low/med grip ?

and with all screws taken out ( layshaft and post screws ) its more suited to low grip ? or am i tottaly wrong , i normaly am !!

It may seem a silly question , but ive just built my t4'14 , and have one club meeting on the friday ( maiden voyage and all that !! ) then cwic on the sunday ..

i may look out for you skiddins at cwic ..

cheers
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
My (very limited) testing so far suggests that in low grip conditions, either fit a 1.6mm top deck with all layshaft screws, or 2mm top deck with just the center post.
Once grip starts to come up you can add layshaft screws to stiffen the car, otherwise it will want to turn up it's own backside

Ran a mixture tonight at Newbury, and center post only, was good early on, but in later rounds became inconsistent. Also noticed that with just the centre post the car would have better steering up to a point, then it was like the rear would suddenly lose some of the grip mid corner and try to kick out.

Skiddins
His was the final with just the centre post post, no layshaft screws (1st off, blue with yellow and orange);
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It doesn't look too bad, but with the knowledge I have now I would have had the layshaft screws in instead.