R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RP Racing Tires
Thread: RP Racing Tires
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 09:45 AM
SpeedTech
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just a bit more update on the RP Tires. We test them out again at SoCal last night (high bite asphalt) and after a couple of previous test session I think we figure out how to sauce these tires for our track. While it take about 5-8 minutes worth of sauce on Sorex, with the RP tires, you do not need more than a minute worth of sauce on it (for this particular track). I also tried RP's hardest compound (RP40) and it still worked great even though the temperature really calls for around the RP30/Sorex 32 range. The thing I like the most about RP is that the bite is right there from the beginning (no warm up laps needed really) and I can be really aggressive and chase the cars in front in the beginning. The traction was so good, I even traction roll when I had the sauce a bit too long on the tires. RP is now also offering all the compounds in pre-glue (pre-mounts) so there is a possiblity that these also become control tires in future races

I will be doing more testing hopefully Saturday night with different compounds and I'll post my findings on here

Steve Wang