R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4 Cell Sedan Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 07:03 AM
IMPACTPLAYR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

seems to me that alot of ya'll are missing the ship or walking right off of it....lol

The point isn't to make it so the fast guys aren't faster, or the slow guy any faster. However there will be a percentage of fast guys that can't catch back up, and a good percentage of slow guys that all of a sudden become the fast guys (who wouldn't have at the higher speed). The point is to use what we have and make racing better. Meaning at the lower cost of 4 cell racing it will allow for more people to race, and for those people to be competetive and stay competetive longer. Alot of guys like myself can't afford to have tons of high number packs, hell in 6 years of competetive racing I have gotten really good numbers on 2 packs and the only reason I got those is because the LHS got them in on the same morning I got my income tax check.... same with motor tuning I can't afford a new set of brushes every race weekend, and I can't afford a new motor every month or so... or even traction compound, I have an old stock and I ain't getting any more cause I can't afford to buy it constantly.... this goes with all consumables... if I don't absolutely need it to make the car move I don't get it.... and what I do have to buy I make the most of it.... so throwing away a set of brushes every week just ain't gonna happen.... and I ain't gonna buy 2-2000 sets of brushes just to get .5 watts more power.... and I am not the only one at the track that feels the same.....

Now with 4 cell racing the packs cost less... afraid matchers will raise the prices?? just buy 2-6 cell packs that are very close in numbers and now ya got 3 packs...lol Besides matchers won't be selling less batteries, people will still buy the same amount of batteries, but now they will get more packs out of the purchase.

Motors last longer between rebuilds- now I won't mind throwing a good set of brushes in and doing a little tuning because any effects will last twice or 3 times as long. Of coarse I understand why you fast guys would be afraid of this.... now us budget racers can afford to have the fast stuff, and now you have to learn to tune a 4 cell motor (if you try to tune it like a 6 cell you will be SOL)`

Belts, gears, bearings, and even suspension parts last longer- Don't worry parts prices won't increase, remember the fast guys at the track who have the urge to stock up on every available part for their car... you know the guy he has 6 parts boxes and 2 are full of c-hubs (which he has never broken one)....

The cars are easier to handle- Now they weigh less, so they handle better, the slightly slower speed allow for easier driving, and with less weight to transition now the cars carry more speed thru the turns.

Of coarse change is scary, you just wonder how many of the guys on here complaining are affraid that if they changed to 4 cells they wouldn't be able to keep up, or that there would be twice as many fast guys so the top spot wouldn't be as easily acheivable.....