R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LeMans LMP1: 200mm Pan Class Discussion
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 02:34 PM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Angry

Originally Posted by howardcano
Then specify a minimum width. But don't say someone can't use a particular chassis. As long as the car uses whatever tires/rims are required, and meets the dimensions, it should be allowed. It doesn't take much to widen the car a few mm. USGT guys do it all the time.

I agree with the wheelbase requirement.

And while I don't mind the principle of spec tires/rims, I DO mind when those spec tires/rims cost $60 for a set. That's twice what a set of 1/8 scale nitro foams cost! In this case I think it is best to just specify the min/max diameter and width to encourage some competition in the market.

Yes, there should be a minimum OD for tires, to preserve scale looks.
I am all for keeping racing affordable, even being a guy trying to make a living selling this stuff. True, the SP premounted foams are a bit pricey, but they supposedly have pretty good wear characteristics, and the higher price should discourage people from turning them to dust on the truer.
It looks as though the Courage body is still available ad if people are going to commit to running it, I will stock as many as I can get. My goal with any class I support is to take the experimentation out of the equation, I don't think people should go though ten sets of different tires to find the best combo. I was open to mixing up the motors because I think traffic and track layout will even things up.
What I don't think this should turn into is a class where people are showing up with one off hand built chassis, and bodies that are hacked every which way to fit on them. Call me a worry wart, but I have seen it time and time again