R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4 Cell Sedan Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 08:52 PM
speedxl
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DerekB
Maybe it would have

If less cells is better maybe we should run 1-cell mod. We can all race glow ignitors.

Horsepower is the greatest equalizer. Too much eliminates the bitching that there isn't enough. If everybody can't control their cars it's not an equipment issue anymore. One of the great things about nitro off road. Power for the person next to you.

I vote 1 cell mod!!!!!!!
I will agree with derekB, horsepower is an equalizer. In full scale auto racing when it rains all the high horse power guys have to be gental on the throttle , and the low H.P. guys can smash the throttle the same amount. The cars are generally the same speed and its up to the guy with the brass cohones!

if you have to much brings on asort of confidence that lets you be smoother
knowing that you have big ponies under the hood.
Some of these guys drive harder to compensate for lack off H.P. so they overdrive the car and burn up the arm dump early, and smoke Esc's because the yank on the throttle to keep up with the other guys!
Like dereck said power for the person next to you!

I dont hear nitro guys saying lets slow down, they only complain about the price of their engines. But still buy engines and want to go as fast as they can till the engine blows. Derek I think nitro is where all the real racers are.
Old school electric always wanted what we race with and we are complaining that its too fast. Wow !!!