R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Crew Chief Software
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Silverexpress
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobW
One of the biggest requests I've had has been for access from smart phones and tablets. Well, I'm pretty sure I've found out how to do it, it's free and I don't have to modify 30,000 lines of code.

It's called Logmein (log me in) a program that allows you to access your windows laptop or desktop from anywhere and run the apps on it. Best of all it's free for personal use. You download and install a program on you windows system and one on your smart phone or tablet.

It's seems to be a very well known and respected program used by lots of companies to allow employees access their work computers from home. I've been playing with RC3 through my iPhone for a few hours now and it works great.

Check it out and decided for yourself!

https://secure.logmein.com/products/Free/
I love IT! Thank you for the tip.

I took those weights off I mentioned in our email correspondance, and it lowered the CG back down. Coupled with balanced spring rates, shocks, and roll centers - the car handles and drives like it is on rails. It is stable down bumpy straight aways, off jumps, and it's so easy to transition back and forth thru s curves, and this is on an off road course. I'm rebuilding the gear diff since I feel that ball diffs are a bad idea on an offroad modded buggy - this will add that weight again, but in the right place. After seeing the numbers, and experiencing the affects of a high CG, now I know why we want it as low as possible.

By the way, my buggy has a 30 deg "kickup" in the front. How would I go about measuring the front suspension parameters with this setup.

My initial intro, review, and conclusion of RC^3:
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

(Back to on-road stuff - sorry to deviate)

Last edited by Silverexpress; 12-20-2013 at 10:57 PM.