R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Clarity for GT engine spec
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 06:14 AM
scary_jerry
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Scary_Jerry !!! Since we are both Kyosho diehards and we own the cars and still race them, I see no one has attempted to answer your question yet..Let me help...From what ROAR has said in my interpretation thus far :
1. THE MOTOR CANNOT EXCEED 5 PORTS AND MUST BE A .21...and can be either onroad or offroad but actually most onroads are more than 5 ports..
2. IF THE MOTOR EXCEEDS A .21 SIZE THEN IT HAS TO BE THE OEM STOCKER WITH A PULL START OR ROTO START ETC ONLY !! ...so your Sirio that you love is a bump start shaft and a .24 size even though it is OEM... : ( so no can do !! If it were a pullstart then your in like Flynn : )
3. 7mm VENTURI !!

With that being said I went out and got me a NOVA MAXY CINCO BT 5 port off road with ceramic bearings going in my GT1...look out Serpents, There is a GT1 out there about to bite the snake !! I will post a pic in the Kyosho thread when I am done ...hope I my .02 cents helped brother !
Thanks Kyosho fan!!!! That's the angle on the answer I was hoping to get. The elimination of the Sirio .24 makes no sense, but neither did '6mm' inlet. I'm glad they bumped to '7mm'. I've got as much as 14 min. run time here 'at altitude' w/7.5mm inlet on that Siro .24. I was starting to like the idea of trying for '1 pit stop' for a 30 min. main on that 6mm inlet.

Glad to see your Kyosho enthusiasm. If we can get that 'caster issue' resolved and get the "K car" to turn it'll be fun.

Thanks for your 'on target' response. I'd just like to hear from ROAR the 'rationale' for bumping the Sirio .24. Thus far I can't find a 'chat link' or 'suggestion box' to get to the point of their choice. I do have a '.21 5-port' in the inventory now. I have considered the Maxy motor..........we used to run his fuel and loved it. I've also seen the Reds 5 port run (during breakin) and it was pretty interesting. I still may try to find a Sirio .21 to exact some revenge 'for his bigger brother'!!!!!!