R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advice on what to upgrade.
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadic 78
I've been club racing my Ofna Ultra LX2-e for two summers now, and I love it. I'm a consistent B-Main guy, but this coming summer I'd like to get to the "A"

Considering upgrades... Here's my question. Is it worth while to upgrade the intro-level LX2-e, or should I spend my funds on a new chassis like the Losi 3.0? (keep in mind, I have a losi 2.0 Truggy that I'm very competitive with.)

I really feel that I can be competitive with the Ofna. I mean, after a summer of fine-tuning, I feel like I need some more braking and power control, therefore I was considering purchasing a new Tekin RX8 motor/esc combo. Currently running a HW 150 esc and a Toro 1900kV sensored setup.

I'd like to know opinions on whether to continue investing funds into the Ofna to make it more competitive, or should I just invest funds into a more competitive kit like the Losi 8ight 3.0 or even a Kyosho, and use my existing electronics, and roll from there?
For sure get the Tekin setup, ESC if nothing else.

As far as the chassis. Since you already have a 8ight T2.0, I'd seriously consider picking up a Losi buggy. Mainly because the two do share a number of parts, you already know and like the truck, you know the quality you're getting (or not), and there's tons of support for that buggy. Hard not to go wrong there. The only real question would be which buggy to snag. A new 3.0 or maybe a used 2.0? If funds are tight and you want to pick up both the Tekin system and the buggy, you may have to go the used 2.0 route for a minute or two. If funds aren't as big of an issue, go the 3.0 route and Tekin system. Though, I'd probably have to say that a used 2.0 buggy would probably be better than the Ofna for the most part. Just some food for thought.