Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 12:53 AM
OldfartWal
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by mrjudd77 View Post
OldfartWal. What controller are you using?
you shouldn't need a second controller, just a receiver that you can bind to. I would say that Jeff will have timing installed on the carpet track so all you will need is a second holder for your transponder and just switch between cars. I need to get a transponder as I dont want to put a hole in my new body once I get it.
I'm using a Futuba 3PL 2.4g, yeah I know I can just fit a second receiver & program the controller to work both cars, BUT, I'd just be happier to just buy a 4PL for the 2nd car, it's only a few $100, that means I'd always have a spare controller at the track. The same goes with the transponder, they're only $140 so I'd rather just have one on each car rather than changing it over & risking damaging it.

Spoke to Jeff this afternoon about the chances of becoming a SpecR dealer, not very positive, but I must say, it took a little over 2 weeks to get my spares from TQ, I'll stick with that.

Got a full battery worth of practice in this afternoon, I can lap the TC track only backing off twice with the 21.5T, please try not to run me over on Friday night, I will have to get the 13.5T fitted before the January meeting.