R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 buggy Question, Serpent Spyder Vs. Durango Dex210
Old 12-16-2013, 07:48 AM
DsWright
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
Such as? The DEX210 by far has the most adjustability out of the box just by changing the included inserts. Front caster is adjustable between 15 and 35 degrees out of the box with no other parts necessary just by changing the included inserts. The steering arm has 3 different Ackermann locations. The steering can go from inline to 4mm trailing in 1mm increments out of the box just by changing the included inserts. It does rear motor and mid motor with 3 or 4 gear options for each. It allows a full sized lipo in both motor orientations. It has droop screws. The rear toe in is adjustable just by changing included inserts. You can run a ball diff or a gear diff. As with other cars, it already has more camber link locations than you'll ever need.

What adjustments do the Serpent and Schumacher have that it doesn't and should since they "have the most adjustability out of the box"?
you are correct, durango has the same adjustability + the MM option. I never think about the 210 because quite frankly even in the hands of some of the best drivers in my area i have never seen this car do well.

If the same drivers who can run with (and DO run with) some of the most well known drivers in the country aren't as competitive with it, it says alot to me.

The average driver, the average club racer who will build a car, put a stock setup on it with the right tires will do very well with the Serpent or the Shumacher. I can't say the same for the Durango from what i have seen of it in the midwest.

And to address your "sideways move" from a B4 to the Serpent... The parts quality of the Serpent is WAY higher than the B4. It is not even a close comparison.