R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 12:51 PM
mrjudd77
Tech Regular

No I didn't break the hinge pin, or the carrier. Actually there was nothing really broken. Just lost the spacers from the hinge pin and the end caps that go inside the keepers. I ha no spares and no one else at the track had any either. RogerdaShrubber usually has some spares and has helped out in the past but he didn't run his this weekend. He only ran in the 1/12th class. But I will soon have a new S1 here for Xmas. And then I will have plenty of spares. I will look at replacing a few of the plastics with the R1 parts over the next year of racing, including the shocks.

This was one of the daytime meets and I made the choice to try out a set of rubber tyres. I had noticed that the traction was not up to scratch and was trying to take it a little easier just to get through the round and then swap back to foam for the rest of the meet. I had just said that to the guys standing next to me when 'thump'. I was only running rubber as the track we were on yesterday is very hard on foam. Probably needed softer rubber for grip or just harder foam.