R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Michal101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Of the cars that were developed in the last year or two, no one is better than another on the professional level. Sometimes the car that comes w/ the best instructions is the best car on the track b/c you make less mistakes building it. For that reason, I would say the Xray and HPI are the two best cars. The XXX-S and TC3/4 are becoming outdated, due to the fact that other companies can CAD design a car with much smaller tolerances for error. Now between the Xray and HPI, I would say the HPI is the better overall car, because it's durability and ease to work on. I'm sure the Xray fellas are going to jump all over me about that, but shaft drive is much simplier than two-belt design.
Pro4Capece,

Not jumping all over you just a lite thrashing...LOL In the last year I have owned a FT TC3, Yok CGM and the HPI Pro 4 and after all of that I went back to my Xray (now FK). The Pro 4 felt the smoothest out of the shaft cars, but it was a royal pain to work on...just change a spur gear or adjust a diff!!! Just tapping a wall with these shaft cars made me crinch due to durability issues.

The Xray is IMHO the easiest car to work on as well as most durable. Again, this is my preference.

Mike