R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Linguster
Tech Apprentice

Default My New Eryx must have been made on a monday...

Back after training with the new Eryx. I am now at 20 runs with it and it is not working at all.

Two things sorted out, the shocks and the DJC axles. The outer Kyosho bearings will not make the pin rub on the bering. And picking the 4 o-rings out of 3 bags with the least resistance.

But new things occur. Running with Hagberg, Vässmar and Nilsson. I was all over the track, really "showing off" the beginner I am.... I could not run a consistance lap. Home again pulling the car appart.

Noticing that the arms are very "loose" on the inner pivot pin and that the steering rack was very loose even with the plastic bag "trick"

Comparing with my older Eryx's there is not near the slope in their arms. I have probably 300 runs on each of them. Now in the middle replacing front and rear arms with older "newer" medium arms. They have a nice snug fit on the pivot pin. The kit arms has M engraved, they seems to be from a really lousy batch.

I also tryed ones that are engraved with M of my spare parts. They do not fit snug on the pivot pin. I needed to look through my spares to find the older "newer" arms. The ones where the lid that holds the swaybar arm did not fit directly without modification.

If I understand correct, the idea is that the pivot pin should move in the pivot ball not that the arm should rotate on the pivot pin.

Last edited by Linguster; 12-13-2013 at 11:59 AM.