R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Iron Track/Himoto/Atomik 1/18 general thread
Old 12-12-2013, 11:32 AM
flakeride
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Radio Range

I am only on my second charge with the Iron Track Mastadon and the radio range is now around 15 ft. The first pack radio range was over 100ft. I have replaced the transmitter batteries with fresh alkaline batteries and also tried newly charged nimh batteries.

Also, it's almost impossible to center the steering servo. The steering seems to have a mind of its own, stopped it's centered, moving it turns left. I've centered the servo and reset the servo arm but this car always seems to favor the left. Plus the 3700KV motor doesn’t have enough torque to pull the truck over the smallest of obstacles. It goes pretty fast but is way underpowered or over geared from the factory.

It was a gift and with shipping time the time it spent in a wrapped box the 30 day return exchange period expired. NRCX ticket support responded in a timely matter but would not budge on the 30 warranty. When told the RT at NRCX my Futaba is still working after 24 Years their response was a condescending “Once again I apologize for the inconvenience”.

The truck looks tough and well built but I can’t really drive it far enough to find out. I can’t say one way or the other about the durability of the vehicle but I can tell you the NRCX is probably not the place to buy this vehicle.

Hope this helps!