R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 11:14 AM
retrorobot
Tech Rookie

I have general question. I have never driven a Rm-01 chassis and curious how it handles compare to say a CRC or Associated 12th scale when its fully upgraded? I have driven both CRC and Associated before.

The Rm-01 almost looks like a Associated 12r5.1 in the rear with Associated Rc12l front end from the early 90s. Can it be competitive against those other 12th scale brands Like CRC, Yokomo, Associated, Xray when fully upgraded and tuned.

I think the deal breaker is not having adjustable front end. And those wheels don't seem like you can use standard 12th scale wheels and tires can you?

Also the kit plus the later upgrades you have to spend would be a lot more expensive compare to say a $199 "CRC XTI Alter Ego" that is already all carbon fiber and aluminum parts,fully adjustable and have a option of inline and transverse battery setups.

It hard to justify buying one but really attracted by the Tamiya Scaled detail vintage lemans bodies. Sometimes i see those toyota kits from $100 so tempting