R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best Budget priced Battery Chargers
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 10:55 AM
lbenton
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJayhawk
I'm starting to get back into the RC hobby after 10-15 year hiatus. I know that I'm going to need a charger and some LIPO battery packs.

What are some of the better quality, and performing battery chargers for entry level. I feel this is a piece of equipment that I can always upgrade if I get really serious into this hobby.

I'm looking for a charger and at least 2 battery packs for $100 or less. What are your suggestions. I am planning on building a VTA spec car from a TA TC4.

Thanks
I can say that so far my new foray into SMC brand lipo batteries has been good. I have also heard that Promatch Lipo is a good bargain. Gens Ace and Turnigy also have a loyal following for value lipos.

With Chargers, you can find a lot of choices for about $50, but they only just barely do 1C and can take forever to charge a battery. You will be OK with one, but will be better off with something that can do at least 10Amp... You can dial a high power charger down, but you can not put the others into any kind of warp speed.