R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 05:00 AM
Fordguru
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dirtracin58
First off, I want to say I hope nobody takes this reply as disrespect because it is absolutely not intended that way. I think there is a lot of bad information out there about roll centers and camber links and how they affect vehicles especially in the RC industry. I spent a lot of time modeling the front and rear clips of the SCTE to help study its kinematics, and what I found is the camber gain and roll center height are directly related. I think the reason most people think they can tune one without the other is because they don’t consider that shortening or lengthening the camber link has an effect on the roll center just like raising or lowering it. When you move the inner link from the outer pivot to the inner pivot you are also flattening it out if it is running downhill. I made a table of all the different geometries available (plus a few extra) with the camber gain and roll center height for each. If you look it up you will see that they change together in the same order. As camber gain goes up, so does the roll center. I have done a lot of testing as well to confirm the order also, the fact is the two are directly related and you won’t change one without changing the other. I made a tuning guide for camber links that makes sense to me based on everything I have studied and I hope it can help some of you get a better understanding too...
Thanks dirtracin58.. I look to do same thing now. Good stuff!