R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1
Old 12-11-2013, 07:13 AM
ercwhtsd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
Eric,

It sounds like you've been running this chassis harder than we have, our tracks are just smaller and with less grip in some cases. However, we have come to the same conclusion for different reasons. We've noticed very, very liitle tire wear, haven't slammed the body down or bothered to cut the tires. We've tried to run them box stock, just as they are. None of us have had any breakage yet other than damaged ego's with some sizable dents in the beautiful body shell. All fixed though, nothing permanent.

It doesn't take but a moment to see that with a 17.5, it's fast, really fast, like rocket ship fast. I don't have the ability to race with anyone at that speed, with any confidence. Make no mistake, it's a hoot to wheel that thing around looking like a blur attached to a string. But I'm looking to increase the quality of racing.

We had a practice night last night and have decided to give 21.5 a try, next time out. It makes all the sense in the world for conditions anywhere around here. Eric's concens and mine simply fall away with a little slower speeds I think. Again, larger carpet or asphalt tracks with more open layouts? 17.5 might make more sense.

Many of those around here have said this is the coolest thing they've seen in RC for a long time - and it couldn't be more affordable. With a 21.5 and foam tires, most anyone with a functioning brain stem can pilot this chassis with a ton of confidence. We need to get people racing with an affordable, realistic, easily tunable, easy for mere mortals to drive, class.

Or...on-road will go away.
Yes, I have been "beating" on it pretty good, much like I did with the Slash when they first came out. I have to make sure to thank Howard and SP/Speedpower USA, F1RCLab for having the parts I needed, although I have only replaced the rear axle at this point.

With the exception of a bent rear axle, much like the Bolink chassis was susceptible, to it has taken the abuse like a Timex and kept on running.

This is a VERY forgiving chassis platform, now, if maybe it could be offered as a possible Tx ready or even an RTR with 21.5...