R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Stagger

Originally Posted by MarkBurgess
Ideally the rears should be larger that the front tyres, or the same size. There difference between the two is known as stagger.

What I know from World GT & 12th pan car classes is more tyre stagger slows down rotation in corners, and less increases rotation. Taken to its extreme with larger tyres then in theory the car would over rotate and be hard to drive.

I say in theory as I have run larger foams on the front of an F109 and didn't notice as much difference as I would have with a WGT or 12th.

If you run the same make of F1 rubber tyre front and rear then I wouldn't get hung up on this.

Hope that helps
Mark
Stagger in the US is a right to left difference in tire diameter/circumference. commonly used in oval racing but sometimes used in road racing when there are more or more important turns in one direction than the other. I have never heard of "stagger" in reference to front/rear differences. (But that doesn't necessarily mean it cannot be...)