R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC Lightning 12
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 08:20 AM
LloydLoar
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Club racing yesterday at 5280 Raceway with a number of us running this car. Still figuring out a good setup that suits my driving style, but some initial impressions include the following:

- The shock is very angled if using the box stock setup/shims, so I would recommend removing some of the shims on the upper pod plate if the car feels difficult to drive with too much steering.
- Even with the softest center spring the car has a lot of steering, which is good, but you really need to run heavy shock oil to keep the shock from feeling 'bouncy'. With the kit 350cst the piston will just blow through the oil, which makes the car feel a little weird. I ran 50wt AE and will likely go heavier.
- Put 1mm shims between the aluminum shock mount and the carbon piece the shock actually attaches to. This will help place the shock in a straight line along the chassis.
- Use 2.5mm shims on the crossbrace standoffs if you want to run the springs on top of the links.

I am going to try some more things next weekend and then try to get some setups posted.