R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:59 AM
AndrewTom
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
I'm thinking about getting the 22 SCT, my first ever TLR, this black Friday and would like to know which parts(hop-ups, springs, or parts from other vehicles) are a must-have that are not included in the kit?

I plan to run this truck on indoor clay with med-high bite. Do you guys recommend a RR or MM setup? Who's setup should I follow for this build?

Thanks
the TLR 22SCT support kit is a very good value, it includes a plethora of parts, like springs, 5* castor blocks, body posts, A-Arms front and rear.
I think the support kit, buggy yellow rear springs, and sway bars (more preference) and 2 hole pistons just about do it for track readiness.

also, I suggest picking up 0* castor blocks and the buggy pivot are good tuning options to have on hand as well as the support kit included parts.

I think you may want to build the kit with the new molded inner pivotballs/hollowballs, TLR234011. they should help keep the kit a little tighter over time since they eliminate metal on metal wear. and they are only $4 for 12, and you only need 4 in the build.