R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Paul Lomas
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mirko
Hi,

I'm curious if someone has tried the new Xenon VSS Front-End so far.

I think it gives you the opportunity the adjust the Rollcenter high independently from the camber angle. But the Rollcenter can also be adjusted with shims on the kingpin between the front knuckle and upper eyelet. Furthermore if you have a reactive caster block that allow different heights of the hinge pin. (Serpent, Hyperdrive, KSG, McPappy)

What else does it change? Maybe the feeling of the steering? The camber angle while cornering?
Has anyone gathered some experience with this so far? What are your references on the front knuckle to use? Would you lower or rise the Rollcenter and in which conditions?

I'm considering only to get some of the front knuckles instead of the whole axis. The front axis of my Asso 5.2 is still in a really good condition. It works fine, nothing worn out so far.

The hard plastic parts also seem to be an interesting option, but I'm not sure if it will make a difference to the standard parts at all. What's your opinion?

The coated titanium pins also look nice, but I don't think they might be a big improvement. I polished the lower part of the standard kingpins when I first assemble the car. Then snapped the balls in with a pivot ball tool and I usually run some lube on the kingpins.

So far I'm pleased with the Asso Front-End. I think it's really well made. No comparison to the rubbish I suffered with on my Corally 10SL, where I reworked every edge.

Cheers for all advices,
Mirko
Have a look here;

http://www.thercracer.com/2013/10/ta...art-4.html?m=1