R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mekios
I bought them the day they arrived at the shop, cuz they were a back order straight from Absima/Germany.
Connection is a brand new Deans (original) plug and all wires are 14awg. My radio is a Sanwa/Airtronics M11X and the servo is actually a cheap Power HD.
What i found after posting here is traces of water (stains) on the car. Could it be that water entered the speedo? But it's working fine before dying and then it works again. I mean if it was a short circuit we would see firecrackers!
The car is performing flawlessly while it works. I got good power, braking, reverse, doing gonuts and stuff. It's really good. Then suddenly dies.
Unfortunately, for most of us who aren't electronically gifted, the best way do trace out problems like these is to switch out components. It seems to me tho, that a battery problem wouldn't manifest itself with the symptoms you describe. If I were to guess, it's probably your esc. Will not argue with those who think otherwise.

I've seen situations where the problem was the receiver. There was one situation where switching models in the Tx cleared up the problem. Don't ask, I don't know the answer to that. All of us who have been around R/C for awhile have had some weird electronic problems.