R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Aaron_M
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by evochick
Hi Everyone I need some help,

my BD7 is suffering from serious initial understeer, that I cant seem to dial out,

I am running very close to this setup (except 1.5 camber on front), but I am missing something ???

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/yoko...i_SMA20121014/

The car was very good with 32 compound tyres that I was using on club nights with a much cooler track when I first ran the car, the downside with these tyres is that they only last 5 runs. On the weekend just past it was very hot and very high grip. So I switches to 36 and tried both ride and muchmores, but with both it just wouldn't turn in.

I just removed the steering bridge to see if that might help with some more flex, and it seems no one is running one anyway, is it worth while removing the top motor mount screw as well ? any downsides to doing this ?

anything else I can try ? help ... I am hopeless at trying to setup cars

Thanks.

Beth.
The steering bridge makes a huge difference to front flex and initial steering. Remove it completely for more "bite".

I wouldn't remove the screw above the motor mount. From your setup sheet less shims on front bulkhead will increase steering and also the thinner top deck will give more steering.