R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:14 PM
asc6000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyT.
Was told by X Ray team mechanic they are must haves for high grip.

I mean, the are X-Ray parts... same guys that designed the arms designed the stiffeners... maybe they know something we don't... maybe...
I was being facetious. Thats what they say. Only the best drivers under maximum conditions. That leaves the chassis. Which is where I believe even more mortals like you and I would benefit. Thats my point. In stock form imo the chassis is too flexible for some conditions even with all the adjustment screws in place so a stiffer chassis would allow the tuning envelope to be altered in a positive direction. Hopefully if revised it wouldn't bend either, that would be nice.
The other thing is the arm plates are more appropriate in 1/8th where the shear weight and speed of the vehicles demands a much higher level of durability. In our scale, especially on this beautiful little precise car it seems out of place to add unsprung weight to decrease arm flex. And not being facetious, exactly what is the problem ? is the flex changing something ? caster ? antisquat/antidive ? ??? what ? seriously. If I am being asked to bolt on that thing I want to know exactly why.
edit: and why not just make a stiffer arm ? lighter and not so "mickey mouse"