R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What about NYC???
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2002, 07:32 AM
SpeedyTC3
Tech Apprentice

Okay, here's the latest on the South Shore Hobby and Raceway scene. For those who don't know who I am, I am the race director for SSH&R.
The indoor on-road carpet track is up and running. Picture this, 106.5ft X 48.5ft. Even the hottest modified sedans are taking about 3 to 3 1/2 seconds to get down the looooong straight.

The off-road track is currently being built by a very good friend of ours Mr. Nick Vitrano. The tentative opening date for the off-road track is mid-july. The approximate track size will be 115ft X 70ft. Not too bad huh?

We are currently negotiating to have an outdoor on-road asphalt track built. There is no date and no track measurements yet but I'll tell you this much, we will be running 1/8th scale on this track also. So use your imagination.

Last Sunday we had some of the locals down at the track running time trials, and I'll tell, they are fassssssst!!!! With the likes of Bill Hamlin, Warren Weaver, Andy Limjoco and Royce Berrio running modified sedan.

Last night though, stock sedan was the class to be in. We had alot of stock entries and the competion was very, very fierce. Yall need to come on down and give this track a try.

For all information and race schedules, please see our website at http://www.southshorehobby.com
It's full of information!!!! Hope to see some of you there.

Last edited by SpeedyTC3; 08-08-2002 at 02:21 AM.