R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WCICS Round 4 - Karz, Airdrie - December 6-8, 2013
Old 11-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Danny-b23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hprt
As you all have probably read elsewhere on the forum, we will be using a different tire for legs 4 and 5 of the series.

From Josh's post on the WCICS thread:

"In Airdrie and Victoria we'll be testing Sweeps. Specifically the True-Blue QTS32N, which is a new tire with a new "black" insert; not the blue one pictured that is probably in current tires you might find. It's designed to be much more consistent than the current tires people might be familiar with (those who went to Kamloops last year, etc), and apparently has quite different, more consistent, handling than the blue insert tire."

We are looking forward to a successful event in Airdrie, and a big thanks to Josh and Korgae for ensuring that we have a supply of tires for our events!

Hope to see you all there - you can register on WCICS.ca or RSVP on the thread.
Great choice on the tires. While I won't be making this round, I'm sure I'll be hearing nothing but good things about the True Blues. I ran these a while back and although I found them to not be as consistent on the same track with the exact same setup as the Jaco's, they provided better grip and had a bit of a drop off. They didn't fall off a cliff by any means, but they do require a bit less aggressive setup. Maybe just a starting point for you guys that haven't ran these before.

That being said, new insert, so maybe the characteristics have totally changed.

Just some stuff to think about.

Cheers.